Desire Dungeon English Version 1.12
It was brought to my attention that the original author released a v1.10 patch today which fixed the occasional crash when fighting the Mimic. The damage calculations only checked for damage > 0, not damage >= 0. I’ve updated the English patch to reflect the new changes. Although I normally wouldn’t consider this a big enough change to warrant incrementing the version number to 1.10, I figured I may as well match the official patch number to avoid confusion. I went ahead and also included the updated credits screens into the English patch (not that anyone really cared) so you shouldn’t need any of the official Japanese patches at all.
October 6, 2013 update to version 1.11 to fix 2 untranslated lines.
December 19, 2013 update to version 1.12 to address locale-related ending crash (maybe)
v1.02 Fixes Mimic crash (didn’t handle the 0 case in damage properly).
v1.01 Fixes untranslated Moebius ring text.
Original game created by Yokubou no tou:
English readme.txt – this file
0.txt – English script file
DesireDungeonwrap.exe – game executable compatible with translation patch
/cg/ – folder containing title screen images
1. Copy all files to your Desire Dungeon directory.
2. Run DesireDungeonwrap.exe
1. Window/Full Screen modes: alt+enter
2. Use Windows sound mixer to change volume. The game has no volume controls.
Common solutions to problems:
1. Run the game in Japanese locale.
2. Make sure the game directory and files aren’t write-protected or account protected by UAC.
3. If you crash fighting the mimic, sorry. There’s something weird going on with her that we haven’t been able to figure out.
4. You can’t use old saves from the Japanese version. Sorry.
5. Make sure you have the full version of the game and not a trial.
Somelolicatgirl – executable hacking for word wrap and fixing byte boundaries
Anthemoessa – item translation work and title screen buttons
Everyone that played early versions and reported bugs and typos
What isn’t translated: Encyclopedia entries for weapons, equipment, and items. All monster entries are translated, however.