Violated Hero 3 English v1.01
Version 1.01 fixes a bug where the game gets stuck if you cast a mantra in either of the two unwinnable event battles. Those battles skip the usual player attack code and instead just generate damage from 1-10, except the case where you don’t do an attack isn’t handled. That normally wouldn’t be a problem since you’re locked out of most battle options, but you can still use skills, including the mantras. That was really easy to fix once I found the problem. Keeping up with tradition, the English version of the game now has fewer bugs than the original. 😉
The readme still says version 1.0 because I forgot and don’t feel like packing and uploading another patch to fix it.
Violated Hero 3 English Translation Patch Version 1.01
January 12, 2014
Welcome to the English translation patch for Dieselmine’s 3rd Violated Hero game. As always, you play a young hero sent out by himself to save the world from monsters who all happen to be attractive females interested in divesting our hero of his semen. If that sounds horrible to you, I wonder how you ended up reading this in the first place.
Note that this is only a translation patch. You do need a full copy of the Japanese game for it to work.
Acquiring the game:
You can buy the game from DLSite here: http://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ118597.html
or from the English DLSite here: http://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE118597.html
If you don’t want to pay, well, you’re on the Internet. Finding it shouldn’t be too hard. If you like the game, I do suggest buying it, however. It’s very likely that this game only exists because of the commercial success of Monster Girl Quest. So if you want more monster girl games, support the people that create them for us.
Files in patch:
1. /English/ – directory of translated content
2. English patch install.bat – batch file for easy installation
3. VH3 English readme.txt – the file you’re reading now
4. kikiriki.exe – Phiber’s Kirikiri tool for extracting and decrypting the game files
5. madCHook.dll – library used by kikiriki for decryption
1. Copy all files in the archive into your Violated Hero III directory.
2. Run the English patch install.bat batch file and wait for it to finish. If you’re using a weird operating system, you might not have xcopy and will have to manually copy the files from the English/ directory. You should be fine on XP/Vista/7 though. I don’t know about Windows 8.
1. Copy all files in the archive into your Violated Hero directory.
2. Open a command prompt and run “kikiriki.exe -i data.xp3 -o data” This will extract and decrypt the game files. If you have problems with the decryption, try adding “-e VH3_game_executable.exe” to your arguments.
3. Rename or delete data.xp3 to prevent conflicts with the extracted files.
4. Copy everything from the English directory into the data directory, overwriting all files.
Help, it didn’t work!
1. Run the game with your computer in Japanese locale. Also make sure you extracted the game in Japanese locale too. There are lots of tutorials for this on the Internet.
2. Make sure you have a /data folder but no data.xp3 file. Rename or delete data.xp3 if you do, otherwise the game will still be in Japanese.
3. If you’re using applocale or a similar program rather than setting your computer to Japanese locale, make sure the Violated Hero III game directory name doesn’t contain any Japanese characters before you attempt the patch install.
4. Make sure the directory path to the game isn’t excessively long. I don’t know if it’s a problem with Windows or the game engine, but this can cause the game to not execute properly.
5. Make sure you have a full copy of the game and not just the demo. Data.xp3 should be about 2 gigabytes in size.
1Q. Some of the names and such aren’t translated, what’s wrong?
1A. Some details like item and skill names are saved with your save file. You’ll have to start a new game to see the names translated properly. It’s not a big deal at any rate.
2Q. How do you get all the endings?
2A. On your first play, you’re locked into the Empress route. On further plays, you need to deal 300 damage to Fan Mei in 5 turns when you meet at the end of area 5 then continue and win the fight. You’ll then get a choice of routes in area 9.
3Q. My game freezes/crashes when I try to go to area 3, what’s wrong?
3A. The demo only includes the first 2 areas. Get a full copy of the game.
Zin for image editing
Button Font: OnO Display. Copyright owned by- and licensed by David Engelby (via DaFont.com)